Sunday, May 7, 2017

The Happy Dance! Just One Left!!






















Let's just get straight to the point: on last Friday's CT, there was only ONE SMALL concerning mass in my spleen. Almost 1 year ago I started a clinical trial for metastatic ASPS that had spread to my brain, liver, spleen, heart, neck, chest wall muscles, scapula, breast, scalp, spinal column, and right atrium. The brain we scan separately, so I am only speaking for the neck down when I say...


THERE IS ONLY 5mm OF CANCER LEFT!!


I can't believe it. I'm doing the biggest happy dance of all time!! PRAISE GOD!! 11 months of treatment and wowzers. Totally worth every one of the 27 round-trip flights from Nashville to Miami (made possible by YOU generous people!). Here is a word salad of how I'm feeling: humbled, grateful, ecstatic, dumbfounded, overjoyed, praisey, exhausted, adrenaline, karate kick, breakdance, breathless, humbled. Mostly I feel humbled to be one of the ones who makes it. I feel humbled to be a part of developing such an astounding treatment option for others who fall victim to such a rare disease. I feel humbled by the rich overflow of God's blessings on my life.

I have some things that I want to share with you. Things from my heart about the hard times and how they are becoming healing times. But that's for another day- today is the happy dance!!





2 comments: